- I really hate this type of romantic comedy. The awkwardly put together empty scenes, the obnoxious stalling of the inevitable ending, the painfully dragged out comic relief from a random supporting character, etc...
- This is hands down the worst character of Reese Witherspoon's career. She's unbearable, and her need to vocalize canned motivational/inspirational sayings is painful.
- Paul Rudd is the only thing worth a damn in this movie, and he's the only person who ever generates a decent laugh.
- Jack Nicholson and Owen Wilson are completely wasted.
- The script is as indecisive as Witherspoon's character. It's also equally insufferable.
- This was written by the same man who gave us Broadcast News. That's just tragic.