Monday, January 11, 2010

Vancouver Critics Award Winners, AKA: Kathryn Bigelow is unstoppable


BEST FILM
Up in the Air

BEST ACTOR
Colin Firth, A Single Man

BEST ACTRESS
Carey Mulligan, An Education

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air

BEST DIRECTOR
Kathryn Bigelow, The Hurt Locker


BEST DOCUMENTARY
Anvil – The Story of Anvil

BEST SCREENPLAY
Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner, Up in the Air

BEST CANADIAN FILM
J’ai tué ma mère (I Killed My Mother)

BEST ACTOR IN A CANADIAN FILM
Xavier Dolan, J’ai tué ma mère (I Killed My Mother)

BEST ACTRESS IN A CANADIAN FILM
Emily Blunt, The Young Victoria

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A CANADIAN FILM
François Arnaud, J’ai tué ma mère (I Killed My Mother)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A CANADIAN FILM
Gabrielle Rose, Excited

BEST DIRECTOR OF A CANADIAN FILM
Xavier Dolan, J’ai tué ma mère (I Killed My Mother)

BEST BRITISH COLUMBIA FILM
Facing Ali

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Summer Hours, France

Oscar Meter: Up
- Best Picture: Up in the Air
- Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Up in the Air
- Best Actor: Colin Firth
- Best Actress: Carey Mulligan
- Best Supporting Actress: Vera Farmiga
- Best Foreign Language Film: Summer Hours (NOOOOOOOOOO!)

Oscar Meter: Down
- Best Director: Jason Reitman (again, for the win; the nomination is virtually a lock)
- Best Actress: Gabourey Sidibe
- Best Supporting Actress: Julianne Moore, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Melanie Laurent

No comments: