Monday, January 14, 2008

Johnny Depp's Golden Globe Speech

here's what we would have heard last night....such a shame we missed it...

"I would like to thank my beloved friends at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for bestowing such an honor on me," 'Sweeney Todd''s Johnny Depp said of his Golden Globe win for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture -- Comedy or Musical.

"It is a humbling experience, especially in the company of such talent. For many years the HFPA has supported my work and for that I have always been truly grateful. While this is indeed a happy day for me, I am overjoyed at the recognition the film as a whole is receiving. TIM [BURTON] is a dear friend and a true artist whose vision and skill inspire us all. He is a genius. Without his unwavering trust and support, I would not be anywhere near where I am today. Also, big thanks and respect to HELENA [BONHAM CARTER], whose simply staggering performance as Mrs. Lovett is a wonder to behold. I must send a behemoth salute to the wonderful crew and cast of 'Sweeney Todd' and all at Dreamworks/Paramount and Warner Bros. Pictures. In addition, I'd also like to extend my sincere gratitude to, first and foremost, my cherished friend and agent of forever ago, TRACEY JACOBS; the extraordinary man and producer, RICHARD ZANUCK; the mastermind STEPHEN SONDHEIM; and, of course, my precious family, VANESSA, LILY-ROSE and JACK, for all of their love, support and pure and absolute happiness everyday. Overall, I believe it to be a proud achievement for everyone involved and on behalf of us all, I thank you."

No comments: