Friday, February 12, 2010

Trailer for "Centurion" finally arrives



As far as trailers go, I'm not impressed. As much as I love this time period and the cast, this simply looks like that "meh" King Arthur film from 2004 with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley. Then there's that overused blue-grey filter on the lighting, which appears to be a requirement for films set in either Roman Britain or the Roman Gallic territories. The film doesn't have a US release date, and after seeing this, I can't say that disappoints me. I love the sword and sandals genre when it's pulled off correctly, and aside from the costumes, there isn't much else to indicate that Marshall and crew have done a great job. But hey, it is only a trailer; maybe the final product is more Gladiator than King Arthur.

No comments: