“Waltz with Bashir,” directed by Ari Folman
Mike Leigh, “Happy-Go-Lucky”
Sean Penn, “Milk”
Sally Hawkins, “Happy-Go-Lucky”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
Eddie Marsan, “Happy-Go-Lucky”
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
Hanna Schygulla, “The Edge of Heaven”
“Happy-Go-Lucky,” written by Mike Leigh
“Slumdog Millionaire,” Anthony Dod Mantle
BEST NON-FICTION FILM
“Man on Wire,” directed by James Marsh
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM:
“Razzle Dazzle,” directed by Ken Jacobs
Who got a boost?:
- Waltz With Bashir for...anything. The fact that it won a Best Picture award is astonishing.
- Sally Hawkins for Best Actress.
- Eddie Marsan for Happy-Go-Lucky.
- Happy-Go-Lucky for Original Screenplay.
- Mike Leigh for Best Director.
- Revolutionary Road and The Reader.