Monday, June 14, 2010

Trailer for Sofia Coppola's "Somewhere" [embedded]



As someone who hasn't had the best relationship with Sofia Coppola's work (I found Marie Antoinette pretty-but-lifeless and Lost in Translation to be good, but nothing more), I'm wary about getting my hopes too high for it. That said, I am exited to hear the music (soundtrack? score? both?) from French band Phoenix. Coppola said that she was taken with the band's song "Love Like a Sunset," and asked them to write some music for the film, which is exciting. However, I don't know how much the band actually composed for the film, and how much of their presence will simply be songs from their albums. Either way, it's one of the film's biggest draws for me. The film could also be a return for Stephen Dorff, and a breakthrough for Elle Fanning (little sister of Dakota).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.