Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trailer for "The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader"

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Well it's finally here; I guess they had to release something to keep on track with The Deathly Hallows Part I. For whatever reason, as uneven as the Narnia film series has been thus far, they keep dragging me in. Maybe it's the promise of fantasy (especially after that movie that deserved a second chance and a better director for its sequel tanked), maybe it's the all-too-brief promise of Tilda Swinton reprising her villainous role (or is it a different one? I never read the books). And maybe, just maybe, it's the hope I have that, where Prince Caspian improved the battle scenes of Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, perhaps this third (and potentially final) adaptation can improve the general story-telling. I'd be worried though, if I were a FOX studio executive. Prince Caspian underperformed (maybe summer isn't where Narnia belongs?), and the film is being released mere weeks after the final Potter film bulldozes its way into theaters.

No comments: