Friday, September 24, 2010

First English trailer for "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"


My anticipation for the final installment is somewhat hindered by the previous cinematic installment of the Millennium Trilogy. If you remember, I wasn't really kind to the film version of The Girl Who Played with Fire, for any number of reasons. With Daniel Alfredson back in the director's chair, I'm worried. Neither the books nor the films thus far have been anything really special; the Lisbeth Salander character deserves a much better constructed series to be the star of. Unfortunately, I haven't finished the the third book and I don't have it with me (I was about half way through), so I'm leaving the revealing of 'Hornet's Nest''s conclusion to Alfredson and crew, which worries me. He already botched the end of 'Fire,' with that ridiculous ducking scene, and I'm nervous about how all of the plot lines will be tied up on screen. Still, I love seeing Noomi Rapace all tricked out in uber-goth/punk gear and make-up; that is one hell of a mohawk.

No comments: