Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Teaser Trailer: "Clash of the Titans" (2010) starring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes, and Gemma Artreton



What can I say, I'm a sucker for this time period, and the fact that this could be that rare film that deals with mythology in a way that isn't cheesy only has me more excited. The special effects and sets look gorgeous, as do the production values, and the action looks intense. And while Worthington may be the star (and will be a much bigger star after "Avatar" opens in December), I just couldn't be more excited to see Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes as dueling Greek gods. "Schindler's List" rematch, anyone?

EDIT: I just noticed that some of the monsters had a very Guillermo Del Toro-esque feel to them. I know he wasn't in any way involved in the film, but I love Del Toro's creature style ("Pan's Labyrinth" and the Hellboy films are stellar examples) because it combines grittiness, coolness, and a bit of ugliness for something totally weird and fun.

No comments: