Saturday, April 11, 2009
Quick thoughts on "I Love You, Man"
- Aside from a handful of gross-out jokes in the first 20 minutes, it's actually really funny.
- Paul Rudd gives his best comedic performance to date, shifting between the comfortable-around-his-girlfriend-man and awkward-around-guys-man.
- Jason Segel (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) continues to prove that he's one of Hollywood's new go-to guys for comedy.
- The supporting cast is stellar, although not always fully utilized (JK Simmons, Andy Samberg, Jamie Pressly, Sarah Burns, Rashida Jones, Jane Curtin, and "Iron Man" director Jon Favreau).
- Unlike last year's "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", "I Love You , Man" is very well paced, and remains constantly enjoyable; it never becomes bogged down when it hits its "serious" moments unlike FSM.
Number of 2009 Films Seen: 8