Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First set pictures of "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"(2010)

The video game (from 2003) is one of my favorites, because in addition to great action, there was a really cool story dynamic (and love-hate relationship) between the Prince and Farah (Bond girl Gemma Artreton). I have faith in the production design (it's from Mike Newell, who directed the sumptuous HP: Goblet of Fire and Love in the Time of Cholera) but I just hope they get the characters and the story right...or at least do them well (I already know of several things that have been slightly altered). The game possesed a very cinematic quality, and I hope the cast and crew can bring that same magic to the screen, without Disney-fying it (it should be beautiful, but also gritty). And yes, that IS Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince. My initial reaction to his casting was, "WHAT THE @#&@!(*#&(!@", but I hate to admit, it's pretty close to the look of the Prince in the game (although this looks more like the darker, edgier Prince found in the second part of the trilogy, Warrior Within).

No comments: